NGU / Non-Gonococcal Urethritis / Male / Bacterial STD
NGU is a painful inflammation of the tube that empties the bladder, which is a pouch like organ that hold urine in the body. This sexually transmitted disease oftentimes accompanies
Chlamydia. The male urinary system makes it necessary to seek treatment as soon as possible to avoid NGU from spreading to the kidneys.
Links to All STD Information Articles at Bottom of Page .
Several kinds of STD bacterium can transmitted during unsafe sex that can cause NGU:
- Ureaplasma urealyticum
- Chlamydia Trachomatis
- Mycoplasm genitalium
Primary Mode of NGU Transmission:
Having vaginal, anal, or oral sex without a condom. Additionally, a non-lubricated condom should be used for male oral sex and a dental dam, or cut-up condom laid flat should be used for female oral sex.
The bacterium that causes NGU has a preference for the mucous lined membranes of the urethra, anus and penis. The mucous lined membranes of the body allow the most access for the bacterium to set up house.
Go to Natural Remedy for NGU for information of boosting your resistance to infection and staving off infections. What you pick up is related to
how strong your immune system. This line of thinking is not a license to have unsafe sex, but remember, only abstinence is 100% bullet proof or being in a completely monogamous relationship with a person who is 100% STD free. NGU weakens your immune system making you more likely to pick up HIV and other STDs.
Symptoms of NGU:
Although the person may be immediately infected, it usually takes 7-10 days for symptoms to arise. Most men think that they have a simple bladder infection, however, it far more serious than that.
- Discharge from the penis, or a yellow stain on your underwear.
- External Itching, burning or tenderness near the tip of your penis
- Burning pain when peeing (urinating)
- Rectal Itching, Pus Discharge from Rectum, Painful Defecation,
- Oral infection is without symptoms 90% of the time. Sometimes a sore throat is present, but not usually. The orally infection person can infected others just as effectively as having intercourse or anal sex.
Since the symptoms of NGU can be the result of non-sexually transmitted causes, it is very important to get tested because the other causes of NGU may require a different course of treatment/drugs.
Although the person may be immediately infected, it usually takes 7-10 days for symptoms to arise.
Dont Delay!! Get diagnosed!
Doctors (men usually see a urologist) have several factors to think about when considering NGU treatment. As mentioned on the NGU main description page, there are several different kinds of bacterium that cause other sexually
transmitted diseases that accompany NGU. Men feel run down and lousy when they are infected with NGU.
To determine the right course of NGU treatment, cultures are done for both Chlamydia and
Gonorrhea. Sometimes a urine test in given but that is usually last. Generally, if a person has had unprotected sex, the doctor will zero in on
This generally is the root cause of this painful urinary inflammation STD.
Since NGU is opportunistic, looking for a host with a weakened immune system, go to
Natural Remedy for NGU
for valuable information about boosting your immune system and staving off other infections.
One of the troubling things about stopping the spread of NGU is that a significant part of the sexually active people (74%) who were surveyed did not think that they had to report having sex if it was not actual anal or vaginal intercourse. Since most sexually transmitted diseases do not require intercourse to be spread, it is very troubling that most people are not aware of this. Oral sex can easily spread NGU.
Doctors usually prescribe one of several strong antibiotics:
Since the bacterium that causes NGU and other sexually transmitted diseases are mutating and may become totally resistant to being treated by antibiotics, no one knows what will have one day if superbugs will have to be treated at the DNA level because the poison generally used to kill the bugs (antibiotics) will not longer work. It is a real fear that these bacterium will become completely antibiotic resistant. The key is prevention.
Make sure you go to Yeast Infection Remedy to learn about how to prevent the yeast infections, colds and flu that can be the result of taking the necessary antibiotics to kill the bacterium that causes NGU. As a general rule, antibiotics drag your immune system down while they work. It is necessary to poison the NGU bacterium, but all drugs have side effects. There is no reason why you cannot build your body up while you do treatment. The key is knowing how to do it most effectively with little trouble. Information is the key. Yeast infections are sexually shared between partners.
Yeast overgrowth affects both men and women.
What May Happen If You Dont Get Treated for NGU:
- The bacterium can spread from your urethra to your kidneys and cause a treatable, but possibly fatal kidney infection. You could die if your kidneys shut down from infection. You may have to be hospitalized.
- The urethra swells and shuts off your capacity to urinate. A catheter may have to be inserted into your penis to let the urine come out. This is painful and you certainly may bleed and have to hold your breath if they have to do it. You do not want to get a catheter, unless you have to.
- Scarring of the urethra may occur causing long-term uncomfortable urination and a persistent heavy feeling in the abdomen around the bladder. Later on in life, dribbling may occur and urine leakage from the weakened urethra may occur causing you to have wear diapers to contain the leakage and the smell. Many men have had to have surgery to correct this. Carrying a feeling of always having to pee is uncomfortable.
Prostate infections can lead to Erectile Dysfunction.
- The bacterium that causes NGU can also cause you to develop an incurable syndrome called Reiters Syndrome. Reiters causes painful arthritis and muscle aches, constantly irritated red eyes, and nagging urinary tract problems.
- Chronic abdominal pain that wont go away, no matter what.
If you are positive, do the right thing!
Tell your partners!!!!!
Below You will find the Links to Our STD Information Articles
Please subscribe to my Free Newsletter. In each issue I share important Natural Health Remedies and information. It is absolutely Free, and I will never share your email address with anyone.
© and Remedies-for-Natural-Health.com All
Click Here for Disclaimer Information