Sunburn Remedy / What is Sunburn
Most people do not associate sunburn to a skin burn like if they grab a hot pot on the stove. But sunburn is a radiation burn caused by the radiation emitted by the sun.
Our bodys immune system reacts immediately to the effects of the radiation and we almost instantly feel weak and shaky from it. Some people develop a cold right after getting sunburned.
Since sunburn is a burned skin, we focus on soothing the scalded skin and re-building the immune system to help the skin heal.
Step by Step Sunburn Remedy:
Most people do not understand that skin cancer is caused by a depressed immune system that, in part, has been damaged from the radiation of the sun. The skin cancer may appear years later. Tanning beds also promote cancer by depressing the immune system.
- As soon as possible, drink a green drink (found in cold produce section in grocery store) followed by two glasses of water. Sunburn is a injury that produces acid wastes in the body. Neutralize the acid, restore skin ph, and moisturize the skin from the inside out with pure water. Increased water intake is needed for the next week because your skin will demand more to assist in healing.
- Take a cool, soothing aloe vera gel bath to head off blistering. If skin is already painful and inflamed, open 6 slippery elm capsules
and drop into the bath water. This mild anti-inflammatory cools inflammation, both inside and outside the body. Do not use hot water or chemical bath products. Do not put baby oil on the skin afterward. Do not use any powder.
- Make your own soothing skin gel to lock in moisture and speed healing. Mix in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to 2 ounces natural vegetable glycerin. Keep refrigerated. Need a good overnight facial moisturizer? Mix 1-tablespoon jojoba oil
into this, and pat on your face.
- During the healing process, keep your skin covered outside. Since most sun blocks contain high levels of drying alcohol you have to avoid them while you are healing.
- Take TwinLab good tasting, emulsified (creamy orange flavored) cod liver oil
(Vitamin A source) daily to speed skin cell healing. Following instructions on label, do not overdose. Take 3000 mg. of vitamin
c (ester c) daily to boost collagen production for new skin cells.
And what about leathery skin later on? What about advanced aging? Wear a sunhat outside! Your face will thank you! Who wants to look like a prune face prematurely?
Please subscribe to my Free Newsletter. In each issue I share important Natural Health Remedies and information. It is absolutely Free, and I will never share your email address with anyone.
© and Remedies-for-Natural-Health.com All
Click Here for Disclaimer Information