A good toothache remedy focuses on the following details:
- Relieving the pain
- Removing any offending substances
- Boosting the immune system in preparation for dental repair/work
A toothache, in my opinion, is a serious threat to good health. As soon as any inflammation commences in the body, C-reactive protein surges, indicating that tissue damage is in progress. (This is one of the reasons why C-reactive protein levels are measured to indicate the level of risk a person has for heart disease or cancer.)
A toothache may be causes by something as simple as a corn kernel that has rotted between the gum and the tooth, or a more serious abscess that has formed below the surface. Either way, a toothache can poison your whole body (including the heart, causing endocarditis) and damage the bony structure of your jaw and face, which can take months to re-build. Never disregard a toothache. If it is an abscess, the bacteria can spread (via of the lymph nodes in the neck) to other parts of the body. You have got REAL trouble then!
Unfortunately, for many people, a dental visit is a costly proposition. And nowadays, you cant walk into most dentist offices and ask to pay 4 payments. They want dental insurance right now, or cash on the barrel.
So what can you do right now to get some relief while you consider your options?
- If a filling has fallen out, you can buy a tube of temporary tooth filling material from the drugstore. First anesthetize the tooth with 3 drips of Clove Bud Oil (natural source of eugenol). Wait 5 minutes. Follow with a natural antibiotic like Colloidal Silver or Liquid Propolis Extract . Put in 3 drops of one or both in the hole. Wait five more minutes. Then cover the hole with the temporary filling material, following the instructions on the package. Remember this is a temporary fix until you get a real filling. Avoid any mercury fillings, insist on a resin or acrylic filling or else you will have a constant source of mercury poisoning your body from now on. Trust me on this matter.
- If a crown has come half way off, try to remove it before you choke on it, or swallow it. There is a special adhesive found at the drug store made just for crowns. It is naturally not as permanent as the kind used by dentists, but at least it will fix you up in a pinch. (I always put a tube of this in my bag when I travel. It saved me on a trip that I was scheduled to speak before the American Botanical Council on endangered plants in Brazil.)
- If you dont know what is wrong, go to the drug store and buy one of those little kits that contain a dental mirror and a small stainless steel toothpick. One of my customers came in complaining and went home with one of these little kits. The mirror showed her that she had a popcorn kernel barely showing above the gum line. She carefully lifted it out and applied propolis to the site (3 x daily for 3 days) and the problem was cleared up completely in 4 days. Her gum was really swollen and hurting. Dental floss didnt fix it
in fact it was very painful to floss.
Now dont come around me if you dont brush your teeth, or floss every night. Shame on you! Dont you know that you could develop heart disease from neglecting simple dental hygiene? Even if you didnt have the money to buy toothpaste, a box of baking soda is 59 cents and last six months! Shame on you! BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND FLOSS RELIGIOUSLY!!!
. I am sorry
. I dont want you sick
once your problem is fixed
. dont forget to throw away the old, sickly toothbrush. Dont re-infect yourself!
I soak my toothbrush in fresh hydrogen peroxide every night, in a disposable cup. I want to spring for one of those newfangled ionic toothbrush germ killers, or better known as a toothbrush disinfectant. And why not invest in a Waterpic if you have crowns? Disinfect the water pick with peroxide before you use it, and at least once a week. Some people like to irrigate their crowns with peroxide to stave off abscesses, as a prophylactic measure. It leaves my mouth very clean and fresh tasting.
I am for anything that keeps the gums and teeth healthy. Coenzyme Q10
is a very important for tissue oxygenation and promotes healthy gum tissue. The health of the gums is the health of the teeth
. Consider at least one 30-mg. gel cap per day, especially if you are prone to dental disease
Please subscribe to my Free Newsletter. In each issue I share important Natural Health Remedies and information. It is absolutely Free, and I will never share your email address with anyone.
© and Remedies-for-Natural-Health.com All
Click Here for Disclaimer Information